11 Jun Old Anandians’ 2005 Group donates to LRH
Another group of past students from Ananda College came forward to strengthen a key hospital in Sri Lanka to face the prevailing pandemic situation in the country. Old Anandians’ 2005 Group, as their Phase I of the CSR Program අනඳ යුතුකම්, donated medical equipment to the Lady Ridgeway Hospital for Children, with the objective of relieving children suffering from Covid-19 and to strengthen health warriors who are treating them to defeat the pandemic.
The equipment were handed over to the Director, Lady Ridgeway Hospital for Children on 11th June 2021 with the participation of the Executive President of ACOBA Mr. Bimal Wijayasinghe. Sarith Ajitha (President of 2005 Group), Buddhi Katangodage (Vice President of 2005 Group), Rumesh Asanka and Rangana Gurusinghe (Old Anandians) were also present at the event.
Old Anandians’ 2005 Group later extended the අනඳ යුතුකම් program to a few more hospitals in the country, which are as follows.
- Lady Ridgeway Hospital for Children (equipment to measure biological parameters of patients, automated vaccination equipment and automated fluid supply equipment)
- Negombo Base Hospital (Medical equipment and general consumables)
- Kalutara Nagoda General Hospital (Automated oxygen monitoring equipment, automated blood pressure meters, display monitors and televisions for wards)
- Moratuwa District Hospital (Illumination equipment, equipment for electronic circuits, medical equipment for the upcoming Coronavirus wards and sanitary equipment for wards)
- Base Hospital Valachchenai (television for the newly built Covid-19 ward)
- MOH Office, Karandeniya (chairs required for pregnant vaccination programs boilers and sound projection equipment)
Total budget for the අනඳ යුතුකම් Humanitarian Program exceeded Rupees 1.2 million.